BATHURST – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Thursday night’s game against the Victoriaville Tigres at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre.
1. After dropping both games of a back-to-back against the Cape Breton Eagles over the weekend, the Titan return home looking to get back in the win column against the Tigres. It’ll be their second and final meeting of the season with the first coming back on January 23rd when Victoriaville doubled up the Titan 4-2 at the Colisee Desjardins.
2. Dating back to last season the Titan have lost three straight games against the Tigres and are facing a season series sweep for the second year in a row. If we look back even further than last season, it’s been fairly even between these two teams over the last five years with Acadie-Bathurst taking four of their nine meetings in that span.
3. The Tigres come into tonight’s game on a five-game winning streak that began the last time they faced off against the Titan. Of those five victories, four were at home where they’ve had slightly more success this season than they have had on the road. They’re group is 9-12-2-1 on the road this season.
4. For the third straight game, the Titan will be without forwards Cole Stewart and Yannic Bastarache along with defenceman Zackary Riel. While Bastarache practiced in a non-contact jersey yesterday, he is not ready to return just yet.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office or online.