BATHURST – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Saturday night’s game against the Val-d’Or Foreurs at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre.
1. The past seven days have not been kind to the Titan. They’ve lost their last three games including a 6-3 loss to the Halifax Mooseheads last time out. In those three games the Titan have been outscored 15-7.
2. Val-d’Or comes into tonight’s game having also lost three in a row. The Foreurs previous game was last night when they fell to the Charlottetown Islanders in overtime. Oddly enough they’ve also been outscored 15-7 during the three-game losing skid. Tonight’s game will be their third contest in as many nights.
3. The previous meeting between the Titan and the Foreurs was not pretty, from Acadie-Bathurst’s point of view. Val-d’Or scored ten times that night including four in the first and third periods to thump the Titan 10-0 at the Air Creebec Centre on October 25th.
4. Both the Titan and the Foreurs have not had a great deal of success with the man advantage this season, and that has become especially apparent for Bathurst as of late. The Titan went 0-for-5 Thursday night against Halifax while allowing a shorthanded goal against and only mustering up two shots on goal. They’re 19.5% on the powerplay this season while Val-d’Or is at 18.1%.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office or online.