The 2020-21 season marks the fifth straight year of the QMJHL’s partnership with the “Hooked on School Days.” As in past years, the initiative shows that many individuals play a significant role in a student’s life. This year, the Hooked on School Days campaign is taking place under the theme “Take a moment for them”.
The Hooked on School Days campaign aims to educate players that it is vital to take early and concerted action and support them throughout their schooling so they can earn a diploma or qualification. Education is vital to the success of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan and its student-athletes. Players are enrolled in various educational programs worldwide that best fit their academic goals:
- Seven players are registered at Bathurst High School, taking online courses from NB Virtual High School
- One player is taking classes through Ecole Marcel Francois Richard
- One from Soar Academy Institute, USA
- Two players are taking courses from CEGEP à Distance
- Ten players are taking university courses through UNB (1), Université de Moncton (2), and Acadia University (7)
- One from KSPA Kladno, s.r.o., Czech Republic
- A number of our players have also attended Ecole Secondaire Nepisiguit
The Acadie-Bathurst Titan would like to thank the school administrators and the teachers that have provided support to the players this season, including Shaun MacDonald, principal of Bathurst High, Michelle Guignard, Chief of Services and Student Services for CCNB, Bathurst Campus as well as our Academic Advisors, George Willett and Marie Meagher.