BATHURST – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Thursday night’s game against the Saint John Sea Dogs at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre.
1. It’s a battle of two teams looking to get back on track as the Titan and Sea Dogs go head-to-head tonight. Acadie-Bathurst remains winless on the season after an overtime loss to Rouyn-Noranda Huskies a week ago and a shootout defeat at the hands of the Charlottetown Islanders on Saturday night. Saint John meanwhile is coming off a brutal 9-0 loss to the Moncton Wildcats on Sunday and have lost four straight.
2. Tonight’s game is the beginning of a stretch of three games in as many days for the Titan as they’ll play the Moncton Wildcats tomorrow night at home before travelling to Avenir Centre on Saturday night to take on the Wildcats once again. Both games are part of the QMJHL’s Rivalry Week.
3. Harijs Brants will make his debut in red and gold tonight after being claimed by the Titan off waivers from the Chicoutimi Sagueneens on Wednesday. The 17-year-old Latvian was selected 32nd overall by the Sagueneens in the CHL Import Draft. He’ll wear number 32.
4. A pair of Titan forwards will be playing on the national stage in November. Shawn Element has been named to Team QMJHL for the CIBC Canada-Russia Series while Riley Kidney was selected to represent Canada at the 2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office or online. It is also redemption night so season ticket holders can redeem unused tickets for a ticket to tonight’s contest.