BATHURST – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Saturday nights game against the Rimouski Oceanic at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre.
1. After snapping a two-game losing streak last night with a 4-3 road win over the same Oceanic team, the Titan are back home tonight to wrap-up the home-and-home series. Prior to last night’s game Acadie-Bathurst had dropped their last two contests however the win was their second straight on the road. They’ll now look to have some success on home ice in front of what is expected to be a big crowd tonight.
2. Rimouski now finds themselves on a two-game losing streak of their own. While they outshot the Titan 46-21 last night, the Oceanic weren’t able to beat their former netminder Tristan Berube in the third period despite having a lengthy 5-on-3 powerplay. Head coach Serge Beausoleil was not at all happy with last night’s performance so expect his team to come out hard this evening.
3. Titan forward Olivier Coulombe has quietly been rounding into form in the last couple of weeks. The rookie now has four goals in his last six games and netted the tying goal in the second period of last night’s game. He now has seven points in 37 games this season.
4. A big story from last night’s game, other than the outstanding play of Tristan Berube, was the lack of production from Rimouski’s big guns. Alexis Lafreniere and Cedric Pare were held to just one point apiece. As a result, the Oceanic were 0-for-4 on the man advantage.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office or online.