Job Posting: Marketing and Game Day Operations Director
The Acadie-Bathurst Titan are looking to fill the role of Marketing and Game Day Operations Director.
Responsible for daily marketing initiatives, the incumbent will lead and oversee the creation of marketing campaigns and promotions to attract new fans while keeping the current fanbase continuously engaged. Directing a team of staff and volunteers, the individual will ensure game day operations run efficiently.
- Creative individual with a vision to promote and execute plans that allow for the growth and expansion of services in line with corporate objectives.
- Assist in the implementation of marketing goals for all special events and home game activities, resulting in the growth and expansion of services.
- Establish target markets and develop appropriate means to reach them.
- Be innovative in promoting the team to attract a wider fanbase.
- Be aware of financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Oversee and delegate the design, layout and distribution of all advertising, emails, brochures, flyers, posters and press releases.
- Work with the Man in the Stands to coordinate activities and surprises in between periods on game days.
- Must be assertive and able to make decisions when necessary.
- Responsible for building community contacts and maintaining relationships with groups and charitable organisations.
- Handle the task of planning organising and administering all community programs and events such as Titan foundation golf tournament, reading program, etc.
- Manage the budget, inventory selection and ordering, and all other aspects of the Titan Boutique.
- Hire, train and manage game day staff and volunteers to organize, execute, and square away all game day activities.
- Work directly with any sponsors on game day activities and promotions, including set-up and distribution of promotional material, kiosks, printing, etc
- Provide support needed by teams, officials, full-time and part-time staff on game days.
- Must attend all home games.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- University degree or College diploma in Marketing, Sports Marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles, practices and terminology of advertising, marketing, public relations and ease of public speaking.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead and work effectively under pressure.
- Well organized, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills with a good team spirit.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and other common software.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be fluent in both French and English.
If you are highly motivated individual who likes to take initiative, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest and application for this position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.