The Acadie-Bathurst Titan are seeking for an Interim Certified Athletic Therapist from August 1, 2021 to January 2022 with a possibility to extend the contract until the end of the hockey season.
Reporting to the general manager, team doctor, and head coach, the Certified Athletic Therapist will provide athletic therapy services, assessment management and treatment of athletic injuries to the Titan hockey team as well as designing rehabilitative programs and incorporating necessary therapeutic modalities when needed. They will also assist in the prevention of athletic injuries using taping and bracing techniques, as well as education towards training.
The position requires working irregular schedules including evenings and weekends. This position will be a great learning experience for those looking to make a career in Amateur or Professional sports.
Nature of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site athletic therapy coverage for practice, home and away games
- Implementation of treatment and rehabilitation programs
- Injury reporting and documenting
- Daily maintenance of the clinic including cleaning, organizing and inventory
- Ordering equipment and supplies
- Comply with administrative policies and decision of the QMJHL and Canadian Hockey League (CHL)
- Collaborate with administrative staff, hockey staff and team doctor all under the supervision of the general manager
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be a Certified Athletic Therapist in good standing with the Canadian Athletic Therapy Association
- Ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, displaying initiative in a complex fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and both independently
- Excellent judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Maintain professionalism with the player, coaching staff at and away from the arena
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or both official languages will be an advantage
- Based on the QMJHL Chart for Certified Athletic Therapist
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter by July 15, 2021 to the General Manager, Sylvain Couturier at email@example.com.