BATHURST – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Sunday’s game against the Chicoutimi Sagueneens at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre.
1. After a disappointing 5-1 loss to the Baie-Comeau Drakkar on Friday night that saw them give up three goals in the first period, the Titan face a tough test today. Losers of their last five games, Acadie-Bathurst look to avoid the series sweep against the high-powered Sagueneens.
2. It’ll be the second and final meeting of the season between these two squads after they faced off back on December 6th at the Centre Georges-Vezina. After scoring the games first goal the Titan would give up three unanswered en route to a 4-2 loss to the Sagueneens. Chicoutimi has won three in a row over the Titan dating back to last season when they took both matchups.
3. While Mario Durocher’s group put forth a very respectable performance last time around, they’re coming up against a much different looking Sagueneens roster this afternoon. During the holiday trading period Chicoutimi acquired forwards Raphael Lavoie and Dawson Mercer, who were both part of Team Canada’s gold medal winning team at the World Junior Hockey Championships. They also added 2019 Memorial Cup champion Felix Bibeau, defencemen Karl Boudrias and Patrick Kyte as well as goaltender Carmine-Anthony Pagliarulo.
4. As mentioned, the Titan face a tall task this afternoon. The Sagueneens have mean on a tear through two games of their maritime road trip. So far, they’ve outscored opponents 16-5 and have scored eight goals in both games. Vladislav Kotkov and Felix-Antoine Marcotty lead the way with four points each in those two games.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 4 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office or online.