BATHURST – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Sunday afternoon’s game against the Charlottetown Islanders at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre.
1. The Acadie-Bathurst Titan return home to finish off a stretch of three games in four days after games against Quebec on Thursday night and another in Saint John last night. Both games saw the Titan end up on the losing side as they sit at 0-5-0-1.
2. Rookie forward Riley Kidney has not looked out of place thus far in his young QMJHL career. The 16-year-old is now in a tie for the team lead with Anderson MacDonald. The two have six points apiece.
3. Tristan Berube has been stellar in every game he’s played so far this season. Last night was no different as he earned second star honours with 28 saves despite the loss. The 20-year-old has cracked the three star selections in all but two of his starts.
4. It will be interesting to see who is and who isn’t in the lineup for the Titan today. Forward Anderson MacDonald missed the third period of last night’s game after a hit to the head from Dawson Stairs while Shawn Element looked banged up after a trio of blocked shots late in Saturday night’s game. As well Liam Leonard, who didn’t play last night due to an illness, may not suit up again today and there’s still the possibility Mathieu Desgagnes will be suspended after receiving five-and-a-game for cross-checking late in last night’s game.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 3 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office or online.