RIMOUSKI – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Friday nights game against the Rimouski Oceanic at the Colisée Financière Sun Life.
1. Losers of two straight and four of their last five, the Titan face a big test tonight as they take on the Rimouski Oceanic. Last time out they put together a solid performance against the Chicoutimi Sagueneens but ultimately fell short 3-2 Sunday afternoon.
2. These two teams have yet to face off this season but they did meet twice in the pre-season with the Titan coming out on top on both occasions. However, both teams will ice much different lineups in tonight’s game. Last season the Oceanic took both matchups against the Titan to sweep the season series.
3. While the Oceanic represented a tall task for the Titan tonight, they’ll likely be without their captain and the top prospect for the 2020 NHL Draft, Alexis Lafreniere, who participated in last night’s Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Hamilton, Ontario.
4. On the other side, the Titan could potentially welcome two players into the lineup tonight. Harijs Brants has been out since suffering a shoulder injury December 29th in Charlottetown but could return tonight. The 17-year-old practiced in a non-contact jersey Monday and Tuesday before switching to a regular jersey on Wednesday. As well, forward Ben Allison may make his Titan debut tonight after being picked up last week from the Gatineau Olympiques. The 17-year-old has been out most of the season after suffering a broken humerus which required surgery.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. You can catch all the action on Titan Radio.