QUEBEC – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Sunday’s game against the Quebec Remparts at the Videotron Centre.
1. Today’s game brings a three-game road trip to an end for the Titan. Wednesday night the Titan came out with a 5-3 victory to kick-off the trip in Baie-Comeau thanks to two-goal nights from Anderson MacDonald and captain Shawn Element. Remy Anglehart, Mathieu Desgagnes, and Cole Huckins all added two assists in the win as well. Friday night the Titan found themselves on the losing end 4-2 against the Chicoutimi Sagueneens despite battling back to within one last in the third period.
2. The Remparts have not played since Wednesday night when they suffered a 7-2 loss to the Drummondville Voltigeurs. Coming into today’s matchup, Patrick Roy’s group has lost four straight and nine of their last 10 games. They’ll be looking to turn things around as they host their Teddy Bear Toss game this afternoon.
3. It’s the second and final meeting of the season between the Titan and the Remparts this afternoon. The previous battle came on October 3rd when Quebec got past the Titan 3-1 at the K.C. Irving Regional. Looking all the way back to last season, the Remparts have won the previous three meetings between these two teams.
4. The Titan are lead by their captain, 19-year-old Shawn Element, who is clicking at a point per game pace with 28 points in 28 games. On the other side, the Remparts are also lead by their captain in 20-year-old Felix Bibeau. A member of the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies Memorial Cup winning roster last season, Bibeau has 32 points in 30 games. Both teams also feature highly touted rookies with Riley Kidney and Cole Huckins playing key roles for Mario Durocher’s group in their first seasons in the league while James Malatesta is the Remparts leading rookie.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. You can catch all the action on Titan Radio.