CHARLOTTETOWN – Here are five things you need to know ahead of Sunday’s game against the Charlottetown Islanders at the Eastlink Centre.
1. A two-game losing skid came to an end last night for the Titan as they defeated the Saint John Sea Dogs 5-2 on the heels of Anderson MacDonald’s four-point night. After an even first period, Bathurst took control in the second with three goals while also outshooting Saint John 15-10 in the frame. Despite being held to just five shots in the third period, the Titan kept the Sea Dogs offence at bay to pickup the two points.
2. The Islanders meanwhile, are coming off a 3-2 overtime loss to the Moncton Wildcats last night. Perhaps feeling the effects of the two-week holiday break, Charlottetown was heavily out shot 39-17 by the Wildcats and weren’t able to fire more than six shots on net in a period. Ethan Crossman and Justin Gill had the Charlottetown goals while Matthew Welsh made 36 saves.
3. The last time these two squads faced off was back on November 16th when the Titan downed the Islanders 3-2 in overtime at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre. However, the Islanders had won the previous three meetings and lead the season series 3-1.
4. Acadie-Bathurst’s struggles on the man advantage continue. After going 1-for-7 in last night’s game, the Titan are now 14th in the league at 17.6%. On the road this season they are clicking at just 14.3%.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 3:00 p.m. You can catch all the action on Titan Radio.